Check my HJT Log (comp unstable)

By subzer0
Mar 11, 2006
  1. Ive cleaned out most of my viruses/adware but my comp is still unstable; mouse freezing constantly, CPU usage spiking. HJT log is attached
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel. Uninstall anything to do with(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll into the run box and press the enter key.

Do the same for this file as well.

regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D35F0E22-AD1C-4A70-91F7-9693BA44EA5A}: NameServer =, Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: InstallHook.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTML

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBarBHO.dll

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)
  3. subzer0

subzer0 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

ok i was being dumb and decided to delete the HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip Now i cant access the internet :eek:
    Can someone tell me how to get it working again
  4. subzer0

subzer0 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

nvm i fixed it :) im such a retard
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.