Check out this retro, NES style controller

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

While the NES30 Pro feels remarkably like that controller of old, a look under the hood proves it’s primed for 2016 and beyond. Sync up via Bluetooth or USB and you can enjoy wireless gameplay on virtually any platform, including PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices.

Now, you can play like the 90’s never left with 8bitdo’s latest retro offering, the NES30 Pro Bluetooth Game Controller, just $36.99 in the TechSpot Store.

Whether you want to hook up several controllers to play in multi-player mode or play on third-party platforms like Baidu or KO Gaming City, you’re set. The NES30 Pro also sports a souped-up ARM Cortex M3 32 CPU, meaning zero lag time during play and room for future firmware upgrades to add extra support.

Compact, portable and packing up to 18 hours of battery life on a single charge, the NES30 Pro meshes an old school vibe with new school tech -- currently available at 26% off its regular price.

Permalink to story.

Actually cool looking, except its an obscure product which means god knows how well its built and such..

So they make what looks like a garbage controller and the main selling point is that it look like the NES controller. Not sure what the point is.

I was born in 1983 so ,surely, I've seen a lot of "retro style" products, but this controller is the one thing to ever interest me.

This is exactly what I've been waiting for, playing emulated games on my G3 is almost impossible as soon as the game requires shoulder buttons, this will make it so very much so easier. It looks pretty good for what it is in my opinion, gets called out as garbage by someone who likely knows nothing about the company or the hardware in this controller, their loss. For those who are curious, it's got an ARM Cortex-M3 powering it.

So they make what looks like a garbage controller and the main selling point is that it look like the NES controller. Not sure what the point is.
Thanks for your well thought out review of the controller. People must be amazed by your beyond godly perceptive abilities to judge a product before even trying and knowing it's usefulness. Thank goodness I read your review before even thinking about possibly getting this controller, phew!

Thanks for your well thought out review of the controller. People must be amazed by your beyond godly perceptive abilities to judge a product before even trying and knowing it's usefulness. Thank goodness I read your review before even thinking about possibly getting this controller, phew!

It's easier to read reviews, and it doesn't require godly skills...

http://www.amazon.ca/8bitdo-NES30-B...1453733462&sr=1-3&keywords=8Bitdo+Tech+HK+Ltd

It trully sucks.

It's easier to read reviews, and it doesn't require godly skills...

http://www.amazon.ca/8bitdo-NES30-B...1453733462&sr=1-3&keywords=8Bitdo+Tech+HK+Ltd

It trully sucks.

Thanks for that actually constructive advice :) Sad to see as it does seem like neat controller.

I ordered one and it finally came in, I don't know about those reviews on Amazon, but the one I got works great, pairs well, was able to update the firmware from my PC, feels pretty good in the hands (not too light or flimsy feeling) I'm using it more for the dual analog sticks then the D-Pad which seems to be a weak point, if your to trust some hamfisted reviews. I'll try to follow up after I get some use out of it.

Packaging wise I was beyond impressed, everything is individually packed in it's own compartment, nothing could be damaged.

20160307_171045.jpg

20160307_171227.jpg

Last edited:
Please post a complete experience after you've used all of the features of this device. I'm very interested in getting one but all I can seem to find are bad reviews with the occasional fake sounding good review. Also include the applications you used this with and how you used it... if you have the time :)

Back