TechSpot

Check out this satanic Easter egg hidden in the Doom soundtrack

By Shawn Knight
Jun 1, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. At its heart, Doom is a very demonic game. After all, the original reserved port 666 for multiplayer matches. With a new incarnation fresh on everyone’s mind, it was only a matter of time before someone found references to “the number of the beast.”

A Redditor somehow figured out that if you visualize one of the game’s songs – Cyberdemon – using a spectrograph, you’ll see a pentagram followed by the numbers 666 repeated multiple times. The track itself is pretty creepy but why someone would even think to run this through a spectrograph is beyond me. Either way, it’s a pretty slick Easter egg and makes you wonder how many others are left to discover.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

2. theruck

theruck TS Booster Posts: 104   +20

Actually this soundtrack is from DOOM not from Doom game.
    anyway I do not believe it :)

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

I don't believe in any of that crap. I don't care whether a game is supposed to be satanic or angelic. I play my games to enjoy them, not to visualize demons, angels or whatever where there aren't any.

wastedkill likes this.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,512   +503

So where has been any reference to satanism? They say the game has demons, which is true and that it's a sleek easter egg, why the hate?

I also find it cool and there are a lot of easter eggs around which are pretty neat, like the reference to skyrim, terminator, original doom, so on and so forth =P

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

It can be the number of the perfect man, not just the mark of the beast, depending on the bible. My obamaphone iphone had 3 sixes in it's number, issued by obama's people. I wonder why. Actually, that is worse than the devil. It might have caused me to be sick because six is the plural of sick, sicks, and three of them on a powerful iphone, watch out. Needed 5 cataract procedures and about 20 dental visits semi-volunteering at a dental school and altho reachoutwireless went out of business (iphone too much for entitlements?), coincidence? Then I'm so dependent on government insurance and the government. Paid for the dental myself, $2,500 so far. Just got my new obamaphone yesterday, just a tracfone dumbphone. Has a 630 (du page county, il where I live) area code, whereas other inexpensive phones have a chicago area code, so I like it as an additional phone. Iphone cost me one time, this was free.