Mister_K

Hi guys Id like to ask you if you know any programs that do the following:

Checking for Hardware failures in:

RAM
CPU
PSU
GPU

etc...?

Id like to make sure my PC is healthy, without problems that can damage it and its lifespan.

Thanks in advance :)

RAM - memtest
CPU - Prime95, used as stress tester for overclocking but will show errors if there are any calculation errors from the CPU.
PSU - Multimeter and list of PSUs specifications to compare readings against.
GPU - 3DMark or other graphic benchmark. Generally if you can complete the benchmark your graphics card is running without errors, although you have to watch the benchmark tests too to see if there are any rendering/visual problems. You can use programs such as MSI's Afterburner (available for both AMD/ATI and Nvidia graphics cards) to monitor temperatures of graphics processors, fan speeds and utilization percentage.

I've added recommendations to your list but generally speaking if you are running stock configuration and speeds for CPU and GPU then you don't really need to use these programs as a health check. They are more for monitoring stability when overclocking or checking devices for errors when you are encountering problems with your machine.

I've added recommendations to your list but generally speaking if you are running stock configuration and speeds for CPU and GPU then you don't really need to use these programs as a health check. They are more for monitoring stability when overclocking or checking devices for errors when you are encountering problems with your machine.

Alrighty, thanks! :p What about HDD checks?

Payed programs can be included :)

Back