Choosing An SSD for Laptop

Route44

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 and I find the hard drive slow in not only boot time but reads as well (8 gigs of RAM with an i5 dual core; strictly business with the exception of League of legends from time to time ;) ). I have been looking at both Crucial and Samsung in 500 gig capacity and I can get both at both on sale. The Crucial is their new BX100 and the Samsung is their EVO 850.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks

I have the EVO 840 in 500 gig size, I really like it, obviously the 850 is even better. I've long been a fan of Crucial though.

However, when I got my 840 (not too long ago) it came with a free copy of FarCry 4. See if there are any bonuses you get with one drive and not the other, because I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I agree with SNGX - and I also put a couple of the EVO 840 in 500GB sizes in my kids' machines and they also came with free FarCry 4 (non-Steam that I want to trade for Steam version). Both of those drives will be a massive improvement over a mechanical drive.

I looked at the EVO 840 (I have a 128 gig EVO 830 in my rig for OS) and they are more expensive that the EVO 850. Now I have to decide between the Crucial or the Samsung. :cool:

Thanks for the response.

Back