Chromium download link wrong

Yynxs

Saw the Chromium Download link and clicked to read the article about Chromium, as, presumably, a separate software from Google Chrome. Attempted to download from the 'download file title for windows' at Techspot and wound up attempting to download Google Chrome, (suspected when the download link only went to Google). The download seems to be the customized spy injected Google Chrome and NOT a vanilla Chromium which the article hinted was there.

Went to linked Chromium site (http://dev.chromium.org/Home) and was unable to find a release version there. Attempted to click "Build Chromium on Windows," link and connection failed (not surprising when I have all Google blocked), so I turned off blocks and still did not connect.,

Looks like bait and switch or the download is the wrong name. There is no user comment section at the article description, so I'm commenting here.

We have verified the download links for Chromium and they are correct. In fact I just downloaded the Windows build and it works fine. It doesn't have an installer, and it's a big download I imagine because its intended market is software developers first, but the downloads are good.

Back