Cleaned PC... now problem

nibbz

Cleaned pc a few days ago and now spywareblaster I cant run or remove....since this was done only a couple days ago I havent tried anything else or ran any other scans, error code 5 when trying to run spywareblaster and dont have permission when trying to uninstall it.....pc seems to be running ok, not slow or anything, do I even need spywareblaster anymore ?? how to proceed

What OS do you have? If you don't have permission to uninstall, are you logged in as administrator? And which cleaner did you use? Did you also "clean" the registry?

Since it happened recently, you could try a System Restore.

What do you mean by "you can"t run or remove" SpywareBlaster? Are you aware all you do with SpywareBlaster is update its definitions,enable ALL Protection & X out of it? It is NOT a scanner.

What OS do you have? If you don't have permission to uninstall, are you logged in as administrator? And which cleaner did you use? Did you also "clean" the registry?

Since it happened recently, you could try a System Restore.

win 7 ultimate, Bronni helped me clean it a few days ago. just tried restore point, doesnt run. anything I try to uninstall in programs and features I get error, dont have privledges, contact system administrator, but im logged in as system admin,
computer thinks im not admin, but I am dont think we changed anything in the registry, not sure. I just followed all Bronni instructions.

Crap.....never mind , I found the problem, antivrus and Defense levels were set to
Paronoid and statefull respectively.......I set it like that a couple days ago cause I have kids that use the guest account and forgot about it lol I feel really stupid now...
sorry for the wasted space and time :)

Crap.....never mind , I found the problem, antivrus and Defense levels were set to
Paronoid and statefull respectively.......I set it like that a couple days ago cause I have kids that use the guest account and forgot about it lol I feel really stupid now...
sorry for the wasted space and time :)
lol
Don't mention it, that is what we are here for.
At least you figured it out, so you shouldn't feel stupid at all. :)

It is to your credit that you came back and provided feedback. Most people just lose interest and disappear once their problem is fixed.

In general, setting an antivirus to paranoid creates far more problems than it prevents, though those you describe go beyond usual expectation.

As for your question on the usefulness of SpywareBlaster, yes, it's well worth having because it's free and puts no burden on computer resources.

Ya, I follow all the advice ive gotten here since Bronni helped me clen my pc a few months ago, use multiple protection, Spywareblaster, windows defender, Secunia,
keep web browser and windows up to date and comodo antivirus suite ect.....
the advice and help I get here is invaluable and I dont know why you guys bother to help for free when it would cost loed knows what for someone to carry theor pc to a shop to be fixed, thats why I donated a litle moneys to bronni first time he helped me
a few months ago clean my infected pc, you guys are great, and maybe I will visit here more often, im not near as smart as most people here, but I would like to give something back in return......hopefully I can. later peeps...and thanks again.

Back