Cleaning P4 Hyperthreading CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastronaut

Is there a way to clean the dust without pulling the whole unit apart risking the unit? It's been running a bit warm for my liking, so I'd like to safely clean it without screwing it up in the proccess. Thanks in advance.....

All you have to do is open the case by the skrews in the back and take a can of compressed air (found at your local computer store) and spray it till all the dust bunnies are gone. you should also spray all the fans to make sure they are dust free also

Yeah, that would be the obvious choice, I like to get in there with an artist brush to make sure I get it thoroughly. I'll get some spray on Monday.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Just be sure you use a quality type of canned air... difluoroethelene gas (Dust Off) or equivalent... so you don't introduce static electricity into the unit... and do not over spin your cpu fan... Use a nice soft brush or device that can remove pet hair and lint that canned air cannot move... and no vacuum cleaners at all... we see at least one ruined computer a week in our shop... caused by vacuuming, q-tips, soapy cloth, etc.

GeekieNick101 said:
I used vacuums and q-tips to clean my systems out, whats the issue?
Ive used a vacuum also and never had anything die but the issue is that a vacuum or qtip can sometimes cause static electricity witch will kill your computer parts and since canned air is so cheep why risk it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back