CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded

Hello all!
I regularly have the folllowing line appear when my bios starts up -CMOS checksum error defaults loaded. I am having a problem about CMOS Checksum Error, every time I turn on the computer it will wait about 30 secs before the first beep. Then the CMOS checksum error occur. Some days ago I had changed my battery after that this problem occurs. Please help me. I have a snapshots of the same problem.You can check here: http://wealthamplifier.in/images/cmos1

It would be worth a try. What was wrong with the original battery? Were you having a problem with it? If not, put it back in if you still have it. Otherwise, try a new one.

Have you tried resetting the bios to default settings. Some times after replacing the battery you will still get the check sum error. Till you reset the bios.

Hi Cobalt006, could you please describe me where I found the option of default settings in Bios. Earlier I don't do it. Now, I tried lots but not found.

Hi mailup, Earlier my system date & time has problem, shows 1/1/2010 & time is old. One my friend suggest to change the battery then I used the new one. After changing battery now the Data & Time are still shown at earlier (1/1/2010 & time is old), one more new problem occurs CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded. Please help
[SIZE=28px] [/SIZE][SIZE=28px][/size][SIZE=28px][/size]

When you changed the battery, you should manually reset the date and time. If you didn't, try it and see what happens.

Try what mailpup has said. From what you have posted about the checksum error. The defaults have already loaded.. . If changing the time in the bios dose not work. I would look into trying another battery.

Back