CMOS settings wrong

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

Attachments

• CMOS.jpeg
    CMOS.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 13
Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

Cobalt I had to buy a PS2 keyboard to do it, but yes it solved the error BUT it didn't solve the USB ports! It does power the USB moust though, but system restore in windows didn't solve it because windows was unable to system restore. Any ideas?

Have you tried going into the control panel .Under device manger. Then try uninstalling the USB drivers. Then reboot the computer and see if this rebuilds the drivers. If not you may need to reinstall windows. If this is a window problem and not cause buy your old PS.

Last edited:
If it is just not powering the keyboard at this time. Try going in to the device manger under keyboards. Uninstall the keyboards driver. The reboot and let windows reinstall the driver for the keyboard. Make sure though you have the usb keyboard attached. So windows can reinstall the driver for it.

Cobalt, my USB devices do receive power because the light is on but they just don't react. How can I reinstall my USB keyboard drivers when I have no keyboard or mouse to control windows then? Thats why I bought the PS2 keyboard

Did either the keyboard or mouse come with drivers? Try installing them. Sounds like windows drivers may be corrupt. You stated you could not do a system restore. Is this due to no restore points? Or is it due to system restore is corrupt. You may have to reinstall windows. If possible. Sound like you may have some corrupt files. Or at least a windows repair.

The keyboard and mouse didn't come with any drivers, they are pretty basic. Also I do have restore point, windows just tells me that it failed restoring! Maybe it's because I had to remove my CMOS battery. I really don't want to format because that will require a lot of work setting up my arcade system again I'm using it for. Could it be possible that my mobo is corrupt?

It may be the motherboard. But , I tend to lean toward a windows problem. Using a Ps2 mouse and keyboard. Might be the way to go. Because either way if its a window or motherboard problem. You are going to have reset up every thing. After resetting your bios. Did you check in the bios .It's self to see if their is a setting for usb keyboard and mouse. Some older computers use to have a setting in the bios for switching between. PS2 and USB.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it solved. Sorry to hear you had to reset every thing back up. I know how much hassle that can be.

Back