TechSpot

CMOS Switch Mod

By lokem
Apr 2, 2002
  1. Noticed this useful mod over at www.coolerhut.com:

I'm sure quite a lot of us here will need this mod :D

2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Thats a good mod..When I overclock my MSI K7 Master too far, I need to reset the CMOS to get my comp to reboot again. With this mod I wouldnt need to get into the case to remove a jumper. Not a bad idea...

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 773

I was surprised to see my friend resetting his BIOS by just holding on to the SHIFT key on his ABIT mobo.

Just wished that other mobo manufacturers could do that as well. It's a whole lot easier than doing this mod if we've got that feature ;)

4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 868

I can do the same thing with my Abit board. I just love the overclockability of these boards. Long live Abit!!!

Muhahahaha...:evil:

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I can do better than that - my motherboard goes back to default speed if I overclock it too high :D. It tries to boot, thinks something for a few seconds, then reboots, speed set at whatever I've set as default. But even if I had to clear the whole CMOS, I wouldn't need this, as my case is always open. It's a useful mod, however.

6. lokem

That's even cooler than ABIT's feature. What mobo are you using?

7. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

I know that the ABIT BH6 will return to default settings if it doesn't POST after two boot attempts. I found that to be extremely useful ^^

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Soltek SL-85SD-C

9. lokem

Amazing, didn't know Soltek had such feature. Too bad I can't get the board in my country :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.