COD UO video lock-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to post this so I will start here. I have a new Dell XPS, 2MB, GE Force 6900, a nice machine for my use. I have had it for a couple of months and have not had any issues. I play Call of Duty united Offensive multiplayer online, and it has been fine. About a month ago, however, my video started locking up every few seconds. It was an intermitent pulse and it the video freezes every 4 seconds or so. Very annoying.

I spent a great deal of time with Dell Techs trying to figure this out. Updated drivers, reinstalled programs, etc. Nothing seems to work. It does not happen all the time, but happens frequently and only when I am in multi-player mode online. I have a DSL connection and have no other issues. It had worked fine up until a month ago.

Other things I have that may be causing this and I am just trying to identify the problem:
DirectX 10 - I have Vista Home Premium and I cannot uninstall Direct X, but I have reinstalled with Direct X9.
Logitech SetPoint - I have a Logitech Mouse and the Set point program.
Everything else is turned off. I am at a frustrating standstill. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back