COD4 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dddppp999222

i installed call of duty 4 and when i click on either the singleplayer or multiplayer player icon,the screen goes to a cod4 screen then back to the desktop and the message comes up (its below)
Can anyone one tell me what the problem is?

Error during initialization: Create2DTexture(Sfloatz,800,600,0,114) failed:8876086c= Invalid call

ya i have a nvidia grforce 7000m (its a laptop) ,AMD 64 athlon x2 1.7 ghz, 1 gig ddr2, 160 gig hard drive, the laptop is an acer inspire 5520-5334

hi, im in the same situation, almost identicle, i have the same problem, with almost the same computer, i have 2gb of ram, nvidea 7000m im running windows vista, a amd 64x2 1.9ghz , im on a acer aspire laptop 5520-5912

I had the same problem, update drivers or you should buy a new videocard maybe the Nvidia Geforce 8 series, because almost every game that is coming out for Computer needs alot of RAM and a good Videocard, and Vista isn't the ideal gaming software, I got Vista too but I updated RAM and Videocard and everything works fine,

Good Luck

interesting, well i recently built a new computer and im running vista 64bit, plenty of ram and a 9800gt but i cant seem to get the punkbuster to work for it any ideas on how u got that working?

Is it a legit (or 'bought') copy of the game, or is it a pirated copy? If it's pirated, we will not offer support on it, but if it's bought, you are ok.

What exactly does Punkbuster say/do?

You should run the game smoothly because you have a nice videocard and plenty of RAM you say.
, but can you show more of your specs?
You should check the Cod 4 menu go to options and then locate Punkbuster enable it or disable it(COd 4 Multiplayer probably won't run if you disable it because every server is PUnkbuster enabled), (Punkbuster is a anti-cheat program) or maybe you don't have Punkbuster Installed, when you downloaded Cod 4 did it say you wanted to download Punkbuster because when I installed it , a pop up came up saying I had to download Punkbuster so I did.
Go to canirunit.com to make sure you're Computer can run the game.

Good Luck
p.s.I have had problems with the 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back