TechSpot

COD4 problem

By dddppp999222
Dec 30, 2007
  1. i installed call of duty 4 and when i click on either the singleplayer or multiplayer player icon,the screen goes to a cod4 screen then back to the desktop and the message comes up (its below)
    Can anyone one tell me what the problem is?

Error during initialization: Create2DTexture(Sfloatz,800,600,0,114) failed:8876086c= Invalid call

2. Bruce2

Bruce2 TS Rookie

If you let people know your system specs, they may be able to make some analysis.

3. dddppp999222

dddppp999222 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya i have a nvidia grforce 7000m (its a laptop) ,AMD 64 athlon x2 1.7 ghz, 1 gig ddr2, 160 gig hard drive, the laptop is an acer inspire 5520-5334

4. vili_raunio

vili_raunio TS Rookie

i have that same problem let me know if u get it work

5. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

try updating drivers and the game. then try a reinstall of the game.

6. vili_raunio

vili_raunio TS Rookie

have done that.. still doesent work ;(

7. Fuzzy1119

Fuzzy1119 TS Rookie

hi, im in the same situation, almost identicle, i have the same problem, with almost the same computer, i have 2gb of ram, nvidea 7000m im running windows vista, a amd 64x2 1.9ghz , im on a acer aspire laptop 5520-5912

8. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

I dont think the 7000m has all that is needed for COD4 to play.

You can verify this by visiting this url:
    http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Select COD4 and it will test your system to see if you have the minimum hardware requirements for this and many other games.

9. Fuzzy1119

Fuzzy1119 TS Rookie

it says i meet all the requirements to run it, the grafics card passes the minimume requirements but not recomended

10. buffietech

buffietech TS Rookie

I had the same problem, update drivers or you should buy a new videocard maybe the Nvidia Geforce 8 series, because almost every game that is coming out for Computer needs alot of RAM and a good Videocard, and Vista isn't the ideal gaming software, I got Vista too but I updated RAM and Videocard and everything works fine,

Good Luck

11. Fuzzy1119

Fuzzy1119 TS Rookie

interesting, well i recently built a new computer and im running vista 64bit, plenty of ram and a 9800gt but i cant seem to get the punkbuster to work for it any ideas on how u got that working?

12. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Is it a legit (or 'bought') copy of the game, or is it a pirated copy? If it's pirated, we will not offer support on it, but if it's bought, you are ok.

What exactly does Punkbuster say/do?

13. buffietech

buffietech TS Rookie

You should run the game smoothly because you have a nice videocard and plenty of RAM you say.
    , but can you show more of your specs?
    You should check the Cod 4 menu go to options and then locate Punkbuster enable it or disable it(COd 4 Multiplayer probably won't run if you disable it because every server is PUnkbuster enabled), (Punkbuster is a anti-cheat program) or maybe you don't have Punkbuster Installed, when you downloaded Cod 4 did it say you wanted to download Punkbuster because when I installed it , a pop up came up saying I had to download Punkbuster so I did.
    Go to canirunit.com to make sure you're Computer can run the game.

Good Luck
    p.s.I have had problems with the 64-bit

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.