TechSpot

COD4 problem

By dddppp999222
Jan 1, 2008
  1. i installed call of duty 4 and when i click on either the singleplayer or multiplayer player icon,the screen goes to a cod4 screen then back to the desktop and the message comes up (its below)
    Can anyone one tell me what the problem is?

Error during initialization: Create2DTexture(Sfloatz,800,600,0,114) failed:8876086c= Invalid call

i have a nvidia grforce 7000m (its a laptop) ,AMD 64 athlon x2 1.7 ghz, 1 gig ddr2, 160 gig hard drive, the laptop is an acer inspire 5520-5334

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

You are getting that message because the Video Chip that is in your laptop is not powerful enough to run COD4. There is really no way to upgrade the chip, so you are in essence, stuck.

Sorry

Sean

3. dddppp999222

dddppp999222 TS Rookie Topic Starter

is there anyway i can uprage the video card or get a new one because the one i have on right now is a nvidia geforce 7000m

4. Did you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game?

5. AtK SpAdE

That will no do anything.

Let me sum this up.

The 7000m will not run the game. It is a very weak chip.

There is no way to upgrade the card.

6. dddppp999222

dddppp999222 TS Rookie Topic Starter

can i upgrade the chip in a dell inspiron 6000

7. AtK SpAdE

No. You are stuck with what you have.

8. zicrape

zicrape TS Rookie

yo, my acer aspire 7000m with 2gb ram but other same spec can run the game reasonably on low setting. But, u need a new drivers and disable all microphones device 1st

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.