TechSpot

Collusion for Chrome lets users visualize website trackers, third-parties

By Rick
Apr 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Disconnect has released Collusion for Chrome, an open source extension which aims to graphically illustrate where your data is going while you cruise the web. Collusion was actually made available to...

Read the whole story

2. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 984   +123

I installed it(I use chrome) and went to tech spot, these are a list of the sites that popped up:
    tacoda.net
    adnxs.com
    chartbeat.com
    google.com
    netshelter.net
    doubleclick.net
    exelator.com
    bizographics.com
    bkrtx.com
    quantserve.com

I went to the forum to edit my post because the formatting is messed up under the articles, this is a list of sites that was added to it, what are you guys doing with our info?
    yieldmanager.com
    gravater.com
    adsymptotic.com
    google-analytics.com
    turn.com
    crwdcntrl.net
    simpli.fi
    tribalfusion.com
    promarket.netbtrll.com
    googleapis.com
    invitemedia.com
    viglink.com

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,531   +599

I always knew that web tracking was expansive, but this app is pretty revealing as to the extent.

4. Tested it out and was surprised how many sites are still tracking me in Chrome even with everything disabled. A similar add-on "Collusion" on Firefox showed only two trackers when I visited the same sites. Shows one more time that Chrome is just another tool for Google to collect user data.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.