color problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago the color suddenly got screwed up on my computer - green looks yellow and red looks mostly black. I was going to just replace the monitor, but I'm not actually sure what the problem is, and I have been very happy with the monitor - Sony 19" Trinitron. I upgraded my video card a few months ago (to play HL2) to a G-Force FX 5500 Does anyone have any suggestions?? Please help.
Thanks.

i'd mess with the options first but if that dowsn't work, just buy a new monitor. i had something similar happen to me but the red was too bright and it was blurring off to the side. i changed some of the settings and now the red is a lot less visable but i dont have the money to get a new monitor so it's all good.

Turn your computer off, unplug the power cord, from the back of the power supply, open the computer up, and remove the video card, then reseat the card. Check for any new drivers for the new card. Go into the Device manager, and make sure there is no yellow exclamation marks, or red question marks next to the display adapter.

You might try your old card, and see if the colors are screwed up on that also, if the above does not work. Uninstall the old video card driver, if you haven't already. If you have onboard video, make sure it has been disabaled.

While you have your computer case open, check all your connections to be sure they are all snug, before you close it up.

If you happened to have installed the 77.72 driver for your Nvidia card, uninstall it and go back to an earlier version such as the 71.89.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back