Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to the boards but I was thinking you guys could help if anything,

Recently I bought Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and decided to install it on my laptop. So far as I know, majority of my items meet the system requirements. I wouldn't be so sure about the graphics card, but I'm not sure how to do the conversion properly. What I've done so far with the game is I've updated the game itself, set all the settings on the lowest possible, made sure no firewall, defender, or antivirus was blocking it and reinstalled it. What ends up happening is when I'm actually playing it, if I go into a skirmish, online game or w/e, I start building up my base and ****. Everything works perfectly fine untill I see an enemy. What happens then is I see the enemy for about 3-5 seconds and the game lines down, I get the error message: Command and Conquer has stopped working and has to be terminated. Heres a detailed description of the error log:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cnc3game.dat
Application Version: 1.9.2801.21826
Application Timestamp: 4703e7ab
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcc1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00189889
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: da97
Additional Information 2: e797f474d2660b9cdfc2a67b407a294d
Additional Information 3: 5703
Additional Information 4: b3e76a6aefd81458caebe426964fcd8c

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 547469291

Heres the information about my system:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VGN-NR120E
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 675MB used, 1604MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_902D104D&REV_0C
Display Memory: 251 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 251 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1244 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/29/2007 05:45:18, 2363392 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-2177-27B0ADC2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2A02
SubSys ID: 0x902D104D
Revision ID: 0x000C
Revision ID: 0x000C
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Anyone know whats wrong? Please help. Any other information please just ask but if anyone can figure out the problem, it is greatly appreciated.

-Kylemz

So I found a useful tool, and I found the problem, but any ideas as to if I can fix it? Is there a download for such a thing? What seems to be the problem is this : Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0 . Is there any way to bypass such a thing or downloading something to fix it?

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 or greater, AMD Athlon 2200+ or greater or Multiple Cores required for Vista
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: Pentium 2.2 GHz or Athlon 2200+ or better for Vista
You Have: 1.46 GHz Performance Rated at 3.29 GHz PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 1 GB
You Have: 1013.8 MB PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000) PASS
Video Card
Minimum: With Vista, 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6100 or greater; ATI Radeon 9500 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.)
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 320.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

DirectX Version
Minimum: DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card.
You Have: 10.0 PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Defini PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 40.6 GB PASS
DVD
Minimum: 8X speed DVD-ROM (This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives. DVD-ROM drive not needed for EA Link version of the game.)
You Have: MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ870QJ ATA Device

Well according to what you pasted you have the Mobile 965 chipset, which according to this chart you have vertex shader 3.0 or even 4.0 if you have the 965GM or GL. So you should be set to go there. Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

This is a known issue with C&C 3 and many other games in Vista. Multiple fixes exist, including using lower graphics settings etc. In your case, try doing what SNGX has suggested. If it doesn't work, try creating a new Administrator account and then playing the game from there.

I was getting that error even on my PC which definitely meets the requirements. I found that when I patched the game it stopped. Also, did you allow the game to set your video gaming specs? It will optimize your game according to your hardware.

I also strongly suggest that you get another gig of RAM especially since you are running Vista.

The problem is I'm using a laptop so thats quite hard..

Where is there a site that I can get the updated drivers and can anyone explain a way to get the drivers installed properly?

Actually changing out the RAM for a laptop isn't that hard. Go to the HP website, look up your laptop's manual, and find their instructions on how to replace your memory. They'll also tell you what memory and how much you can install.

Google Command & Conquer 3 Patches and you'll find them.

No no, not C&C patches, its the driver thats the problem, C&C is updated fully. I'm gonna look up on that RAM thing though.

RAM would only help performance, it isn't going to solve your crash, you need the latest chipset drivers, why are you ignoring that important part and pursuing a less important thing with RAM?

Because I don't want to see you skirting the issue for any longer I've gone ahead and typed in: intel mobile 965 drivers into google and the very first result was http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm965/ which is where you can find the link to the driver.

I'm not going to guarentee this will fix your problem, but without you doing this there isn't much point in further guessing what is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back