Comp Crashing Cause of Video Card?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I Just bought a video card a Asus GeForce N6600 and when I start a game my computer just crashes (Games are from Steam like Counterstrike and DoD).The temperature of the card is around 32 degreese and the ram temperature it says is 29 degreese.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to techspot!

Have you already ruled out the simple stuff?

1. Updated to the latest drivers for the 6600
2. Updated your motherboard's AGP/chipset drivers
3. If 1 and 2 didn't fix you up, check how old your current bios is, and consider updating it.

did those games run well before on your old graphics card? the 81.89 drivers that u have are good enough for the 6600 since the newer 81.98 version basically helps SLI and recognition of 6800 GS. i don't know exactly whats wrong here but if i may make a suggestion...u should set your screen refresh rate to...75 Hz or...80 maybe if it's supported...60 is kinda low on the frequency table.

i remember reading somewhere that some of hte stream have problems with the servers and such that cause teh computer crash. Did you update the game to the latest patches?

Check your +5V, it should be above 4.8V. a marginally weak PS can be a problem when rinning in 3D mode. I prefer the 77.76 drivers for the 6 series video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back