Compaq C701Ea laptop power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidflynn12

Well someone has given me a C701EA laptop to fix. It will not turn on because the battery is dead and the PSU seems not to be able to charge the battery. The PSU works on other laptops so am i looking for a boken connection or bad battery ?

Either the DC Jack is broken, or the motherboard is bad. What you are calling a PSU is known as an AC Adapter in laptops. Have you tried removing the battery and using the AC Adapter without the battery installed? Gently push or wiggle the AC Adapter plug...

Yes i tried without the battery; i presumed it should turn on w/o the battery. Most laptops do. Otherwise i will get some electric diagrams and use my multimeter to test point by point.

"i will get some electric diagrams"...
If you find a source of schematics for this let me know. Are you good at repairing surface mount electronics? It may be as simple as a blown diode. Many laptop motherboards are available on Ebay for under $100

Thanks mate those diagrams would help. Did a google for such diagrams but got nowhere except pay for a service repair manual. I have some electronics background although i have not done this type of work in ages so i will try my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back