Compaq presario b1011-dvd rom drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i am new to this forum and i am not very familiar with hardware part so i
am having a compaq presario b1011 notebook and the dvd rom drive automatically ejects out of the system whenever i switch on the system and if i close it again it automatically ejects and i have done a firmware upgrade too downloaded from the hp website still the problem remains can u kindly guide me with this problem

thank you

yes it refuses to lock and when i force it to lock by pressing it for some time it locks after some time it automatically opens kindly guide me

Sounds like a mechanical failure of some sort. Suggest you either try and buy a replacement or get an external USB CD/DVD drive - this last probably the cheapest but how convenient it is will depend on how you use the thing.

Hi, I am having the same problem with my DVD W/R driver so if you find a solution I hape you will post!

I think I found the solution! At least this is what worked for me. I took out my DVD R/W drive and moved the little bridge in the back from Master to Cable Define. The DVD is behaving just fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back