TechSpot

compaq presario b1011-dvd rom drive problem

By kanewilliam
Sep 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi guys i am new to this forum and i am not very familiar with hardware part so i
    am having a compaq presario b1011 notebook and the dvd rom drive automatically ejects out of the system whenever i switch on the system and if i close it again it automatically ejects and i have done a firmware upgrade too downloaded from the hp website still the problem remains can u kindly guide me with this problem

thank you

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

Does the drive in fact refuse to stay closed at all when the machine is powered on?

3. kanewilliam

kanewilliam TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes it refuses to lock and when i force it to lock by pressing it for some time it locks after some time it automatically opens kindly guide me

4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

Sounds like a mechanical failure of some sort. Suggest you either try and buy a replacement or get an external USB CD/DVD drive - this last probably the cheapest but how convenient it is will depend on how you use the thing.

5. greeton

greeton TS Rookie

Hi, I am having the same problem with my DVD W/R driver so if you find a solution I hape you will post!

6. greeton

greeton TS Rookie

I think I found the solution! At least this is what worked for me. I took out my DVD R/W drive and moved the little bridge in the back from Master to Cable Define. The DVD is behaving just fine now.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.