Compaq V2036AP

rhik1984

I love my laptop and in no way wanna part with it. its virtually a part of me. Its a compaq V2036AP. For the past few months its giving me this error. I am uploading a snap of the display. Technicians say its motherboard, cant be repaired or replaced. Please help me sort it out.

Attachments

• Photo0008.jpg
    Photo0008.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6
Yes the motherboard is replaceable, and that is a good price. Replacing a laptop motherboard takes some repair skill and knowledge to do the job properly

Is it a motherboard problem for sure? What they said that they might replace the motherboard but once that is done one after the other parts will fail and it wont last more than a month or some .... like that! Is it true that such laptop motherboards are that unstable?

No that is not true. As long as the motherboard and it's heatsinks and fan are installed properly there is no reason the motherboard and the laptop will last 4 years or more

I knew there was something fishy about his attitude to the problem! Need to find a new dealer to fix it first.

But does it really look like a motherboard problem Tmagic650? Or maybe it is something else totally!

Is it a motherboard problem for sure? What they said that they might replace the motherboard but once that is done one after the other parts will fail and it wont last more than a month or some .... like that! Is it true that such laptop motherboards are that unstable?
Those are scare tactics used as a sales pitch to get you to buy new. They would rather sell a new PC, than repair the old one. However with that said there is a greater chance of failure in older hardware, which is probably where they were basing their comment. Especially if the repairs are being done by incompetent technicians. Long story short, sounds as if you were speaking to salesmen not technicians.

I knew there was something fishy about his attitude to the problem! Need to find a new dealer to fix it first.

But does it really look like a motherboard problem Tmagic650? Or maybe it is something else totally!

Yes the video chip is part of the motherboard. One thing you can try is to attach an external monitor to the laptop. If the video image is the same as on the LCD display, the video chip/motherboard is bad. If the external monitor image is normal, the laptops LCD panel is defective

Previously when the display problem started, ie the bars appeared on the screen, I had to manually shut it down using the power off button but now its automatically restarting if it appears! The more surprising thing is this problem appears once in a while and if it appears one it continues for a few days alltogather. No way I may use the laptop but if it somehow goes, the laptop might even work normally for a few days! Is it normal for a motherboard error?

Back