TechSpot

Complete manual on how to put together a PC

By palmboy5
Jan 19, 2003
  1. On another forum, some ***** wants to try putting together his own custom PC...

his first try was screwed...
    he had a Celeron/PIII mobo, RDRAM, and an AMD Athlon 2200+:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i tried to explain everything (he had a hard time believing mobos have a max ram limit...:rolleyes: )
    it turns out im not simple enough, im already getting a headache, can you people put together a good manual on how to do it, or give a nice site for it?

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

To answer your question, search Google for one. Countless others have been made and someone here doesn't really need to waste their time to write one up.

Heh, spoke too soon, we do have one, but it doesn't really delve into the down and dirty details of assembling your own PC, more of a suggestions thread to people who already know how -> Tips for builders

3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Some people are just too hard to convince, in other words they are stubborn. What they personally feel is always right on their part. It's a good thing you didn't lose you patience.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

I wouldn't worry too much about technical disagreements with someone who tried to pair an Intel CPU based board with an AMD CPU.... I've met these types before, they know nothing but try to pretend that they know it all. They usually make fundamental mistakes. Like one guy I knew always called a drive a "file", and would not listen to reason that he was wrong. Don't waste your time with such a person. They are not worth the effort. There's plenty more computing knowledge to gain for yourself with your precious time.

5. NV30

NV30 TS Rookie Posts: 339

Buildpc.net

6. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 418

7. xerox

xerox TS Rookie

8. bakertime361

bakertime361 TS Rookie Posts: 47

bad link xerox

9. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

are you sure barkertime361?

I have clicked on it and it worked flawlessly.

10. generals277

generals277 TS Rookie

Im a computer noob who learned everything I know about serious computer installation over a period of a week, and this site kicks a lot of... nose...

11. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Thank you. Feel free to ask any questions you have about computers. We're here to help :)

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

12. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

did u ever end up helping that person on the other site, or did u give up

13. Sleepy88

Sleepy88 TS Rookie Posts: 17

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.