Compter is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to get rid of the Active X virus. I have followed all of the steps and other different ways. I just cant seem to get rid of it. I need help so now what do i do?

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of King_Mufasa only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Yea ummm Kitty he worked through the steps with me @ the same exact time on the same exact steps. Please tell him what logs you need copys of and while we are all here would someone please take the time to stop by my post and perhaps tell me what to do next .

Thankyou

" Untamed "

PS boo U hava unread message ... ~ wink ~

Hi,

Your system is quite horribly infected. Also, please do not use the "New Thread" feature in the main forum. Go to your post, and click on "Post Reply". I've deleted all your other posts.

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please do the following.

I noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.
I require you to run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE.

Download the attached "Combofix-Do.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Remove anything related to the following:

Video ActiveX Access

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{53DCB1D2-2939-58E0-1484-232755F3EA9F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {184746EC-9E9D-4C7D-B9E7-9039EBD801A9} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access\iesplg.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {29C5A3B6-9A8D-4FA0-B5AD-3E20F4AA5C00} - (no file)
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZSzeb029YYUS_ZBxdm197YYUS
Fix ALL O15 entries.
O20 - Winlogon Notify: logons - C:\WINDOWS\System32\redist.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: fagging - {94524218-9af3-4643-9687-cbc2880e54da} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuqjici.dll

Close HJT.

Drag the Combofix-Do.txt that you downloaded earlier over on to Combofix.exe and release.

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of King_Mufasa only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Rerun the avg virus or spyware

my latest combofix scan

Edited by Moderator: No need for a double post if there are no replies between your current post and the last post, unless bumping the thread. In that case, please wait at least 24 hours before doing so. Otherwise, simply use the "Edit post" button instead.

Hi,

Your log looks fairly clean. However I need the confirmation of at least both HijackThis and AVG antispyware logs too. Please post them in your next post. Also, please let me know the results of your anti-rootkit scan.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of King_Mufasa only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back