Computer appears to turn on but no video on monitor

MysterioMask

Computer is using a Celeron D processor i believe, motherboard is a Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ has 2 Gigs ram, any other information i can supply let me know and ill try and supply it.

ok this computer has been working fine for a few years now and all of a sudden it just did not have any video on the monitor. I tested the monitor using my laptop and the monitor is working fine, though the vga port.

I took the computer up to my work area and put in a PCI vga card and still nothing on 2 different monitors using the internal motherboard vga port and the PCI card which i know works when tested on another computer. But still no video signal.

The computer appears to turn on. But when it turns on there is no beeping, but the Power light turns on, the harddrive light turns on but stays orange, the power supply fan, processor fan and case fan all turn on and run, the power light to the card reader also turns on. There is also a tiny light at the top of the motherboard which turns on and stays orange when its on, and looks like it says D16 next to the light.

I cannot eject the DVD drive even though it appears to be on, and it does not seem to notice the A drive even when there is a disc in it. My keyboar also does not light up and ive tried both a USB and PS2 keyboards, as well as the mice do not light up.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem or what the next course of action should be?

You have some significant repairs ahead of you...
Replace the hard drive and the DVD drive, and the CPU heatsink and fan... just to see if you can get the rest working...
The orange light is your clue that significant parts have failed...
For a Celeron 845G, there is nothing to be saved to get it working... Time to upgrade to a newer model, which you can still find as cheaply as %125 to $150 if your budget has troubles.

I removed the harddrive the harddrive works fine in another comp no errors. same with DVD drive and used the processor in another similar computer and it appears to work fine as well

I have the same problem. I have a Gateway that I bought in 2006 and now this problem. Don't know much about computer and don't know what to do.

judy9811, while you may have the same problem, the cause might well be different from the original poster (OP). I recommend that you start your own thread about your problem. It can become confusing when trying to solve two different member's problems with two sets of questions and answers within the same thread. For example, you say you don't know what to do but how can you say that when raybay has already suggested a course of action? Perhaps you are not as technically adept as the OP so our advice to you would be different than to the OP. As you can see, you and the OP are already on different paths.

Is there no new suggestions or should i assume something toasted the motherboard? or is there another fault somewhere in the system perhaps.

Back