Computer case for $60?

By stonarda
Mar 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone! It's jsut a quick post, but I recently finished a brand new computer build, but I am worried my case doesn't supply enough cooling, but also don't like the nosie it produces during gaming, so I am wondering if anyone knows of any good cases under £50/$60. I have looked at the powercool dominator and am wondering if it will be enough (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powercool-D...9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1362519059&sr=1-109).

My build is as follows:
    - AMD 8350 CPU with stock heat sink/fan
    - Gigabyte 7950 triple fan graphics card
    - 16GB RAM
    - SSD & Hard Drive (not performance, but more energy saving)
    - CIT basic case modded with an additional fan on the side
    - ASUS M5A99X Motherboard
    - 880w PSU

Thank you for any advice! It will need to have high cooling abilities, but also quite quiet!
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,383   +607

- Noise from case is 95% the fault of the fans. More expensive cases provide quieter fans, but you're paying a lot more to start with anyway. Plus, you'll have to provide your own additional fans in most cases (pun not intended) anyway.
    - PSU fan could be loud..?
    - Cooling performance is a combination of how neat your build is (cables etc), the amount of components, the type of cooling on your devices, fans used, and airflow provided by case. This is a lot of variables, so it can be hard.
    - The case you linked is a budget case. Don't expect miracles.

- My suggestion - stick with what you have, tweak the fan speeds a bit.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.