1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer continuously turns off and on

By Jack123c91
Apr 26, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. I just tried to factory reset my computer, but I got an message saying that an error occurred. It gave me 3 options; To turn off my computer, to go to windows, and to try again. I just clicked go to windows. It started to turn on, showed the "MSI - Military Class Motherboard" thing, then turns off. It then turns back on, and does it again, repeatedly.

Im running windows 10.

The fans are on the whole time, but my keyboard lights up and then turns off repeatedly.

Please help!

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 7,108   +358

It sounds to me like it might be trying to install an MS update. I've seen mine & other W10 pc's do similiar, it'll eventually hopefully boot up :)

3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 2,367   +446

Laptop? Desktop? DIY? Model?

Post above may be correct...or, maybe something else like a corrupted boot configuration... you may have a backup startup settings in UEFI GPT.... check manual as to how to access that if the idea of an update/upgrade doesn't work out.