Computer crash now not recognizing any os

mtmmatt

Hello,I recently had a virus problem so I went to this site and through many steps we managed to fix it so I decided to comeback here with this problem that just recently occured. I was downloading a game maplestory which is perfectly clean right from the website which ive had many times on multiple computers. While downloading my computer just froze. So I did the only thing I could I manually shut it off with the button. When I turned it back on if I remember correctly a black screen came up saying something about an error but I cant remember that screen. Now it wont go past that. When I turn the computer on it sits at the intel startup screen for like 5 min and where it also says press f2 for bios. 5 min later it will go to a black screen and ask for a boot disk which I dont have. My brother checked out the bios and he believes it is a hardware problem with the hardrive because he said the bios says there isnt one. He alsoo pened the computer up to make sure everything is connected which it is. Please help.

If the BIOS can't find any HD, then that's a major failure - - the HD is not responding electrically so as to be seen. That means you will most likely NOT be able to recover any thing from it.

Just to be sure, take the HD out of that machine and connect it to any other and see if the partition table is good enough to read any data. If the HD can't be seen in this machine too - - you're up a creek w/o a paddle - - so sorry.

Back