Computer Crashes During games (Different Guy :P)

By biscuitboy
Jun 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys.

I am having some real problems with my system...

It has recently started freezing during games, it crashes the whole system and I cant do anything but hard restart. I first thought it was a sound driver problem as sometimes it looped a sound, but have changed the drivers to no avail.

It seems to affect CS source and Hitman blood money alot, and usually after 5-10 mins.

I have installed:

The latest Direct X,
    Sound drivers (realtek audio drivers)
    Videocard drivers
    Chipset drivers

My specs are:

DFI lanparty SLIDR
    1024mb OCZ platinum pc 4200 (Ram is replacement ram from OCZ as first lot was poo.)
    Athlon 64 3200+
    6600GT
    650w Modular PSU
    2x 80gb WD Sata raid Hd's

Running XP Sp2,

I have no problems in windows, or any other program just games.
    I have underclocked the Videocard, processer and memory to see if it is strain or overheating but I still get problems.

Thanks In advance!

Dan
  2. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em Newcomer, in training Posts: 170

Those freezings are caused due to overheating of some components(CPU,Chipset,GPU)
    check the temperature via Bios for exact temperatures or SpeedFan/Everest in windows for tests in full load.
    Fix the problem by making enough airflow in the case(more case fans>the bigger the better :p,change the cpu cooleror the GPU cooler look for the chipset temperature.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.