Computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have following problem
computer restarts from time to time. sometimes that happens when I'm listening to music, before it crashes sound becomes distorted like martians are trying to speak with me, sometimes that happens during file copying from usb or dvd or hdd-hdd
same problem occurs on linux ubuntu
I have installed VIA chipset drivers (in system properties VIA BUS master controller (dual mode)) . HDD is set UDMA6 and DVD to UDMA2 as stated in IDE Tool.
I checked the hdd for integrity and memory also. tests went fine.
I tried also with BurnInTest tool it went ok.
I left Prime95 all night working and yet no restart, cpu temp wasnt over 60 C
so if you have any idea, what could be the problem or how could I test it better i would appreciate it.

lets post in the correct forum next time - (audio/video)

have you checked your sound card drivers?
Have you checked your PSU with a tester/ multimeter?

i dont think that sound card is problem, it is AC97 and I tried to disable it and same problem occurs, I have some feeling that error is somwhere in MB-IDE-HDD
cause I ran somewhere that GA 7VA had some problems with IDE, or maybe HDD (Maxtor Diamnod 9PLus)
for the PSU i thaught that might be a problem and I bought new one LPC 350W to replace the old 300W, but I didnt check with multimeter.
How could measuring with multimeter help, I can see if the voltages are correct but i cant detect brown outs without oscilloscope.Are values measured with Everest or MBM valid?

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps here.

Regards Howard :)

thanks man, following your instruction i located the cause, unfortunately it is a little scratch on the MB, I'll be absolutely sure when I switch the MB, I'll try to sold the scratch (nothing else to do if that is the cause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back