Computer Crashing Constantly Minidumps Attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is not functioning properly. It is crashing frequently.In addition it will not do a system restore -I get a message saying that the restore was not possible and that i should try another restore point however none of the restore points work. Every time I try a defrag the computer crashes however It does not actually need a defrag nevertheless this action always causes a reboot after 10 or 15 mins. In addition if I listen to streamed audio a reboot occurs. Reboots also occur from many other actions.

I have downloaded Speedfan and Everest but I do not know how to use them or what i should be looking for. I would need some guidance in extracting relevant information from these programs. I attach my last 5 minidumps. I would really appreciate some help and advice.

Regards

Greenhill

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C. This means you probably have some kind of hardware failure(see below).

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, motherboard etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Run the Everest programme and click on the large computer icon in the righthand pane. Then click on the sensor icon. This will show you your system temperatures.

Check your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram etc.

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Results So Far

Here are the temperatures reported by the Everest program. I must admit I am not sure how to interpret them.

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type Winbond W83627HF (ISA 290h)

Temperatures:
Motherboard 45 °C (113 °F)
CPU 13 °C (55 °F)
Aux 53 °C (127 °F)
Maxtor 4R120L0 41 °C (106 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 5273 RPM
Chassis 2637 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.62 V
Aux 2.05 V
+3.3 V 3.28 V
+5 V 4.89 V
+12 V 12.34 V
-12 V -12.28 V
-5 V -4.04 V
+5 V Standby 4.92 V
VBAT Battery 2.99 V
Debug Info F 20 40 FF
Debug Info T 45 13 53
Debug Info V 65 80 CD B6 CB 20 49 (01)

I forgot to mention that I had already run the memory test for seven passes and nothing showed up. So I guess that means it is not the Ram.

I do not think anything is overclocked as i have not made any such alterations (and do not have the knowledge to make such changes) unless overclocking can somehow happen by accident. I do not think it could be overclocking.

How do I go about checking my PSU is putting out enough power ?

Regards,

Greenhill.

Go HERE and use this psu wattage calculator.

Look at the label on your psu and see what it says. Pay particular attention to how many amps it gives on the 12volt rail.

Regards Howard :)

Beyond My Comprehension

Thanks for that but the link took me to a page which is asking for a myriad of details in a form which I find impossible to comprehend or use. There is no way I could fill in all that information with any degree of accuracy e.g. I do not know whether my processor is a thoroughbred ; a Palimino or a thoroughbred b. That sort of stuff is well beyond a novice.

I also do not understand the significance of the temperatures reported by the Everest Program. Are they good or bad ?

Regards,

Greenhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back