Computer Doesn't shut down properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

Hi, about a month ago my computer stopped shutting down properly. I click shut down from the start menu then it does what it normally does then Windows shuts down but everything inside my case (fans etc) is stilll running and i have no video input to my monitor. It wont turn off just by hitting the power button i have to flick the switch on my PSU to get everything to shut down. The only thing i can think of is that it is my PSU being a tad lame. Is there anyway i can determine the problem so i don't have to go and get a new one when it can be fixed?

any help would be great, Thanks

Found some people with the same problem and here were their fixes

1) I seem to have fixed this problem by doing the following: Right-click on My Computer, select Properties Click on Network Identification Click on Network ID Then, follow the wizard to adjust your log-on settings. Hope it works for others!

2)I had the same problem and I fixed it with flashing my BIOS. That's all. :) try it, hope it helps to you also...

Can't seem to find that network ID thing in My computer.

Do i flash my BIOS by just taking the battery out for a while?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it doesn't happen all the time, but it shuts down normally less than abnormally

Cheers, well i shall look around and have a bit of a tinker and hopefully find out what the problem is. It's probably just my CPU it's only a generic one and probably getting a tad old now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back