Computer error causing system to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day to all,

Have a question that I hope someone can answer. Just made a few upgrades to my Mom's computer so she can utilize DSL service for internet browsing. Upgraded memory, installed new cd rom/dvd drive, also installed a new ethernet nic card so she can connect computer to dsl modem/router. Once this was all done she was able to connect to Verizon's DSL service fine with no problems for about 48hrs. Verizon offered a security suite download which my sister agreed to install, this soon after caused computer error "lsass.exe system error end point format invalid " which then caused the computer to reboot automatically. Neither my mother or sister can access their profiles currently. the computer is an HP Pavilion Desktop which is about 7yrs old running Windows XP with McAfee as the virus protection. Are there any known fixes out there for this issue?? Thanks in advance for any advise to help resolve this problem.

P.S. the to recover from safe mode to no avail also.

In safe mode, see if you can uninstall the security suite in add/remove programs. Let me know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back