Computer fails trying to back up (Vista) / cleaning up user profiles

JoeVM

A friend asked me to Look at her Windows Vista Desktop PC and it had a bunch of viruses that Broni in the Virus and Malware section on here Helped me with but Now that its Clean I'm having a few Problems with it .

The only other thing I'm not sure about is the Computer keeps trying to back up and fails because it says the recovery drive is full . It tells me to adjust the settings or delete files . I'm not sure what to delete and what to keep.

And there's only two User Profiles in Use but about 9 show up so I wanted to try n clean it up for her .

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

You really do not want to delete any files on the recovery drive. If she has no other hard drive installed on the system. You would be better off using a external hard drive. As for the user profiles. You can remove all but the two that are in use.

I figured that would be the best way but I wasn't sure if there was a way to free up some space . I'm not exactly Sure how to delete the old User Profiles . Only 2 show up Guest is disabled but there's around four other ones that are no longer used but still on the computer

You should be able to go into the control panel under user accounts . Once in user accounts click on manage user accounts. From here you should be able to delete the accounts not wanted.. As far as free up space, You can remove old programs Or games and such she dose not want anymore. Run a good temp cleaner on the system , Plus defrag it. This will help out a lot.

Back