Computer flashes on but wont stay on, what is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i had my computer for about 2 years and nothing was wrong with it, til i fried my computer and so i went out and bought an even better power supply, but now my computer wont turn on at all... well when i push the power button, u can see the power flashes on for about half a second and then turns right back off. idk what could be the problem, mother board? or processor? i have no clue, could any1 help me?

Eh, if your old PSU "fried your computer" and you had to purchase a replacement, odds are your guess is as good as ours, as far as pin pointing the defective hardware is concerned.

I would definitely wager that either one (or more) of the critical components have been taken down with the old PSU, because that is what "fried" implies. If you're positive you have your new PSU hooked up properly, reseat all of your components, and perhaps try getting a response out of just your CPU, RAM, PSU and motherboard. If that doesn't result in a POST you're probably best off just considering a new PC depending on your current specifications.

That said, if you're headstrong on fixing it, the best you'll likely be able to do is swap out your components with known-working components until you're able to isolate the defective ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back