Computer freezes at mobo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,
my computer was working fine then it suddenly shut off when i turned it back on it wont boot past the screen that comes on for my motherboard but i cant get into the bios let it set over night to let it cool same thing i have checked all the connections dont have a clue what went wrong computer is about 3 months old with p4 cpu 3.0 ghz #621 ecs rs400a motherboard 1 gig memory please help very frustrated

ty'spop said:
hello all,
my computer was working fine then it suddenly shut off when i turned it back on it wont boot past the screen that comes on for my motherboard but i cant get into the bios let it set over night to let it cool same thing i have checked all the connections dont have a clue what went wrong computer is about 3 months old with p4 cpu 3.0 ghz #621 ecs rs400a motherboard 1 gig memory please help very frustrated

First thing is to reset the BIOS, 2 most popular ways are to remove the onboard battery or with a jumper.

Once the BIOS is reset and if the problem persists, is to remove everything connected to the motherboard, such as sound cards and network cards, IDE devices such as Hard drives CDroms Floppy drives. power on the system and see if it boots up any further, if it does , start to add the devices back one at a time until the fault reoccurs, then you know whats causing it.

Most lockups at boot I have found tend to be caused by a faulty harddrive, or other IDE device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back