TechSpot

Computer freezing and crashing please help!

By RandomTask05
Jun 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My pc was running fine until a few weeks ago, and now whenever i play any demanding games such as battlefield 2, or world of warcraft my pc swtiches off entirely or freezes. I don't know why this is, i installed new drivers for my graphics card in the last 2 weeks or so, and i reverted to my original settings.

I have numerous errors in my application event viewer such as:

The source of these two errors is :crypt32
    Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: 0x8ca

Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: 0x5b4

The source of this error is :ccEvtMgr
    The description for Event ID ( 13 ) in Source ( ccEvtMgr ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: ccEvtMgr: Failed to load the configuration settings.

It runs fine when running not very demanding programs such as MSN messenger, or microsoft word, but when i play any sort of game it crashes, even if i play something so basic as football manager, or doom.

I would appreciate any help, as my pc is rendered useles until i solve this problem. Thanks for reading my thread and i await your replies.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.