TechSpot

Computer good enuf 4 grafix card?

By james_k1988
Jun 16, 2005
  1. Wasnt really sure where to put this thread, so dont shout at me if this is the wrong place lol :p

Right im planning on buying a erally really good grafix card soon so my com can run any game that gets thrown at it. Now ive spyed out this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102398R

looks gr8 and the stats look awsome, but the only thing putting me off is that fact that its says

system requirements:

300-Watt Power Supply or higher recommended
    - Intel® Pentium® 4 / AMD® Athlon® or higher CPU
    - One available AGP slot
    - One power extension cable
    - 128MB system memory
    - CD-ROM drive

Now i knew that grafix cards need a half decent computer to run properply, but i just wanna make sure my coms ok for this card, it was really the " Intel® Pentium® 4 / AMD® Athlon® or higher CPU" bit that got me worried, as my cpu aint exactly anything special lol an i jus wanna make sure this card will run ok on my com before i fork out all that money for it. my stats are

400w PSU
    2600+ Amd Sempron ,Socket A ( 1.8ghz)
    1024 DDR Ram
    GeForce fx 5700 ve (not that that bits relevent)
    Foxconn mobo (not sure wot brand)

im probably just being paranoid but just wanna make sure :blush: as it does look to be a very powerful card

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Hmm. Looks like a fast card. Is newegg for reference? I don't think they ship internationally. I'm unsure about refurbs though. :suspiciou

3. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

AMD Sempron *is* an athlon

You're fine!

Unless you really do live in Scotland, because the fellow is right, they do not ship internationally. However, check pricewatch.

4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Or use a company that give you a fake PB in the states, and ships to your country..
    Adds a bit to the charge, but it might still be cheaper than buying locally.
    (If you have one of those companies in the UK that is)

5. james_k1988

james_k1988 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 163

that was my next objective, finding out if newegg shipped internationally. I guess they dont. WEll dont worry ill find somewhere that does, at least now i know what card i want, thanx 4 the help guys :) :angel:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.