Computer is sluggish and rundll error on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyzer101

I am an avid AVG user but recently I have noticed that my computer is running sluggish. I thought nothing of it and deleted old programs that I didn't use anymore, stopped programs that I didn't need to start in the msconfig startup manager. Seemed to speed things up a little but not what it should have. Then today I started getting a rundll error saying that c:\windows\system32\sewinuja.dll can not be found. After I started getting this message I noticed that my wifi wouldn't connect unless I completely shutdonw and rebooted. Is this a virus of sorts that I haven't heard about yet. Help please. Also when these issues occur and I try to shut down the computer it will not shut down using the windows shut down utility I have to use the power button.

Try CCleaner. Run Cleaner. Registry | Scan for Issues | Fix selected issues... repeat until all errors are weeded out.

Qite possible the sewinuja.dll indicates you have the Trojan.Vundo.H. You should probably go to the malware section and post.
Oh sorry you are in that forum.
ave you tried the eight step program yet?

I have ran ccleaner got rid of all that trash. Now, when I booted tonight no more rundll error, however the wifi still doesn't like to link up and when I try to shut down it still stalls and will not shutdown. I have tried the 8 step program but when I get to the Malware download, I download it go through the install but when it starts to run I get a "missing mbam.exe not found" error. Another thing I forgot to mention is right before I started getting all these problems, my pop-up blocker seemed to stop working. I was getting at least one pop-up per page I navigated to.

Coolness. I think AVG just foud the Vundo virus. It might take a few more boots but I think it might actually kill this thing. What do you guys think.

fantastic, turn off your system restore and run a manual scan. reboot and turn system restore back on

Yeah well. Now I'm getting logon.exe missing warnings at boot up and still having the wifi and shutdown issues I metioned before. I am going to try shutting down system restore and do an entire system scan. I'll let you know what happens and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back