TechSpot

Computer keeps rebooting. HELP

By kirkftw
Dec 2, 2007
  1. I recently moved my computer to a diffrent part of my house and as i was connecting it i accidently pluged my momnitor in the wrong video spot. i plugged it into the original slot other than my newly 7600 Geforce card.
    ever since i did that my computer keeps telling me the last time i started it up and if i should start it up in safe mode, start it up normally or if i should start it up with the last settings that worked.

NO matter which one i choose or if i press F8 or F12 or anything it just keeps rebooting.

i surley hope that for a minor mistake like that i don't need to spend hundreds to get it fixed...

please help me =]

2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,644

go to the BIOS and make sure u're on board video is not turned on.

3. Bruce2

Bruce2 TS Rookie Posts: 117

Besides what nickc suggested, have you open up the case and check if all connectors and cards are not loose? You may have knock your video card loose.

4. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Posts: 112

is there anything else you havn't mentioned?

5. you use a 286

you use a 286 TS Rookie Posts: 112

This may be a problem with your RAM, but i cant be sure without more information

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.