Computer Keeps Resetting Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello...

I recently got a new ABIT NF7 v2.0 Motherboard and a Athlon XP 3200+. (I went from a Pent 4 1.6ghz, if that helps). But when I start up the computer, it goes threw all it's system checks and then it asks if I want to start Windows up in safe mode or normal. Well, I have done both (also debug, etc..) and it goes threw like normal and just before it starts to load windows, it will reset itself. And it will do it over and over again. I've reset the BIOS, tried a recovery disk, it won't load from the CD Drive (i've read the post above and it didn't help), in safe mode it freezes up after Mup.sys...

Any Ideas?

Dex said:
Hello...

I recently got a new ABIT NF7 v2.0 Motherboard and a Athlon XP 3200+. (I went from a Pent 4 1.6ghz, if that helps). But when I start up the computer, it goes threw all it's system checks and then it asks if I want to start Windows up in safe mode or normal. Well, I have done both (also debug, etc..) and it goes threw like normal and just before it starts to load windows, it will reset itself. And it will do it over and over again. I've reset the BIOS, tried a recovery disk, it won't load from the CD Drive (i've read the post above and it didn't help), in safe mode it freezes up after Mup.sys...

Any Ideas?
Hmmm... I will assume that you have checked all the settings on your drives and made sure that Master/Slave jumpers are set correctly. (I personally prefer C/S, it makes things so much easier), and that you have the correct memory. And that you have the correct drive set to boot first ....ie: CD Rom
If you are trying to run XP on a hard disk that was attached to a different motherboard, I don't believe you can get it to run, there are to many hardware changes and XP that is already installed will not boot. Which means a complete reinstall of the operating system. Set your boot order to boot from CD Rom first, and hardrive second. I have never had any luck with the 6 disk floppy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back