Computer keeps restarting on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my HP keeps restarting on its own. It happens more often when I am using a lot of memory, but also just does it at random times. I just reformatted my computer. I have downloaded a few programs but nothing that I would think would mess up my computer (I don't know that much about computers). I've also been getting errors with corrupt files, not sure what that means.
Anyways, when windows gives me the error message when i start the comp up, this is the codes that it gives:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks!

No, not the wrong forum but i think a little slower on here around this time of year between people on vacation and all that holiday cheer. That's much more fun then home and on the computer. And i assume you know that all the "helpers" volunteer their own time and effort so times like holidays vs weekends vs typical vary

As to your specific problems:
1. Turn off Automatically restart under System Failure. For XP, Control Panel->System, Advanced Tab, click Startup and Recovery Settings button. Now unchceck the auto restart option. (Vista instructions also starts CP->System tho on or two small changes after. You should be able to see them)

2. If you been having corruption you should be check your drives, Click here for How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP. you can a similar document for Vista if needed. Use chkdsk /r to have it also check for bad sectors. Note: chkdsk can take a long time to run (several hours depending on drive size). So don't think it's hanging cuz it hasn't updated it's status after 15 mins. Just let it keep going. Give it 8 hours i'll say before deciding it's hanging. (It does happen. not that frequent tho)

3. Someone else should be able to help with error codes. I would except I just woke and my head isn't ready to have to go digging into things and thinking that much at the moment :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back