Computer Re-booting itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well i have had to recently re-install my internet (NTL) due to re-installation of windows. Everything seemed to go ok however now whenever booting up with my modem connected the pc crashes and reboots. Also i can boot up without modem plugged in fine, just when i reconnect it, it reboots itself once again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

martinc00 said:
Ok, well i have had to recently re-install my internet (NTL) due to re-installation of windows. Everything seemed to go ok however now whenever booting up with my modem connected the pc crashes and reboots. Also i can boot up without modem plugged in fine, just when i reconnect it, it reboots itself once again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

When you say "reinstall my internet" what exactly do you mean ?

You haven't installed any software by NTL have you,?

If so get rid of it, its not needed, buggy, and will cause all sorts of problems.

If you connect through a Cable modem, all you need to do is run the Internet connection setup wizard and set it to use a LAN connection, dont use a proxy setting and dont use the mail setup wizard, OK it and thats it,

NTL should really stop sending that software out, they have known for ages it's s***e.

I tried the NTL netguard just recently as well as taking ages to load and shutdown , it stopped Outlook from receiving mail, as well as slowing the PC down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back