Computer Rebooting when I run Battlefield 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - When I'm loading in a map in BF2 most of the time my computer will compeletly reboot. I have updated all of my drivers, I have reinstalled and installed over and over again, I have shut down everything in the background, then tried... I have scanned and defragged my hard drive.. I cant really think of anything else to do. When Filling out my profile on this board, I ran Dxdiag to get my Video card information (I can never remember that), It all the sudden did a reboot.. When it came back up, I went into dxdiag again, and it gave me a message that there may have been a problem accessing DirectPlay last time, do I want to try again, if I click yes I reboot.

I have some dmp files if someone knows how to read them, but now I think Im going to try to reinstall DX see if that is the problem this whole time.

Any information would be helpful - I have scanned these boards and found a few people reading dump files and finding problems, but not sure how to attatch them to this message..

THank you very much!

Attachments

• dumpfiles.ZIP
    67.1 KB · Views: 6
We need some system information in order to provide any kind of help... otherwise, we're just shooting in the dark in a very, very big empty room. :)

Attaching that DxDiag would be helpful, as well as reporting your system specs (such as "Dell Dimension 7200, 1 gig ram, Radeon X300 videocard.." type of thing. I'd also ask what PSU you have- you can find the wattage rating on the side of the power supply.

I had that problem with this game, my Graphics card was too low a spec to run it and that wats happened to me.

I bought a new Graphics card and then still the same problem so i updated teh drivers and now it runs perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back