Computer restarts itself... Why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... so ive been dealing with this for a while now. I just got a new motherboard and processor it is a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 1.00 GB of ram and the system i am running is windows xp professional service pack 2. the most recent processor i had was an amd athalon something or another and it got fried and wiped out my hard drive because of a virus. and now... with this new set up, my computer will restart itself and i noticed that it mainly only happens when i am watching a video on youtube or sometimes when im talking with someone that is using a webcam... and everytime i try to play a game it restarts itself... also... my internet... i use mozilla firefox and it keeps getting errors that tell me that i have to close it... sometimes it will happen whenever i check my email using internet explorer... to me it seems like something might be wrong with the video part of the motherboard... im not sure... i really could use some help. Thanks!

Download the most up to date mobo (motherboard) and graphics card drivers and see if that helps.

try taking the mobo out of the case and putting it on an anti static bag then connect everythin up and see if that works

Your computer is probably getting a stop error, and is also set to reboot on error. right click on 'my computer' select properties. go to advanced tab/startup and recovery click on settings and un-click the box for 'Automatically Restart'.

Now when it crashes it's going to show the bluescreen. read the stop number and compare to this site. http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back