TechSpot

Computer Restarts Randomly, need help

By image_1
Aug 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi

my computer keep on restarting randomly since last week...I am fed up with the problem...please help...
    Every time it restarts the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error " is displayed....The error details are:

Error signature
    BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

plzz help me...if u need any more info plzz mention
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

To keep the system from restarting, disable Automatic restart:

Control Panel --> System --> Advanced Tab --> Settings button under "Startup and Recovery" --> remove check mark next to "Automatically Restart"

Now instead of the computer resetting itself, it will throw a blue screen revealing additional info on the error.
  4. cloudy123

cloudy123 TS Rookie

i have encountered the same problem as you and it brought me so much trouble for i can not find some of the partitions of my computer.In the end,i reintalled the computer and use the easeus partition manager to find out the lost patition.
  5. image_1

image_1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i disabled automatic restart and i got followinf error message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

i also configured the pagefile and bought a 1 gb new ram stick but still got the message so its not ram. well i think its audio or video driver but i used these drivers for more than a year and they worked fine so i could not a reason of this BSOD . Also I didnt installed any new software except Karspersky antivirus.

plzz help!!!
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

It's Kaspersky, can't remember the driver, it's one of those live scanning options in there
    Anyway to test, un-install Kaspersky fully (yes there's a big update when you re-install, but you are in testing stage)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.