Computer starts up does everything for like a minute then shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
computer starts up does everything for like a minute then shuts off. it wont start up unless power is disconnected 4 a few seconds.

we need a lot more information before we can help you, as from what you have written so far, anything would be merely a guess.

Please fill in your system specs in user profile at the top of the page(click on edit profile).

Also a little background info would help, like when did the problem first happen?

Have you recently installed any new hardware/software etc?

Regards Howard :cool:

In that case I suggest that you may have some kind of heat problem with either your cpu or graphics card.

Check your cpu temps.

Clean any dust and debris out of your fans heatsinks etc with some compressed air.

You can get temperature monitoring software from www.majorgeeks.com the programme I am refering to is called Motherboard monitor 5(mbm5).

Regards Howard :grinthumb

do you know howmany fans you have? you should probally invest in some more fans on the case or a good cpu fan.

i have 1. i think i broke the cpu because i pulled the fan off. when i did i snapped three little things off with it. do ne of u know if thats it?

i dont know anything about durons, but if its anything like the athlon, there souldnt be 3 little things. oh, except for the little rubber things on the top. that keeps the heatsink off the CPU. if those come off, it can very well be a problem. all the heat is comming off ur cpu, onto the heatsink and back to the cup. it couldhave also damaged the cpu. if you can get a pic of the 3 little things, it would probally be easier to figure out

mooze, if you truly PULLED the fan out, then you probably broke off the parts of the socket. sounds like youre up s*** creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back