Computer turned off and wont go back on... help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Ok so i have a DFI LANPARTY nF3 250Gb motherboard which i bought about two weeks ago. I also have a ATI Radeon 9800 pro and a SBLive Sound card installed.

Yesterday I was playing Counter Strike source and it just shut off as if someone unplugged the power. when i went to turn it back on nothing happened when i pressed the power button. So i opened it up and tried the manual power button inside.. same result... My power source is 300W and the lights on the Mboard still light up. I have tried switching power supply cables and even unplugging the CDRom drives and sound card.... i have also tried resetting the CMOS... nothing is working!!! Please help me :(

when you try to power on the system, does the fan inside the psu spin?

Do any of your drives spin up?

It`s either a bad psu, or your mobo has died.

Since your mobo is only two weeks old, lets hope it`s not that.

Can you try a different psu? Or maybe try your psu in another system.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

nope.. nothing happens at all when i press the button... ill try and use the psu from my other computer and so on... tomorrow afternoon of course thx

Hey dude, I have the same problem on my own pc. With the only difference being that it happens consequently after the machine has been on for 5-10 minutes and that I can actually switch it back on after a while, but not immediately. Did you find a solution to your problem?

umm not yet... and mine wont turn back on at all... turns out my other psu is not enough watts to power my computer so im waiting on a friend to lend me his so i can try it

ok i got a new psu... installed it and everything works fine again YES! thx alot for your help

Marty_B does the fan on the psu run? Could it be clogged with dust? Have you checked the temps on the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back