skalra63

my rig is

Asus A8N-E
AMD athlon64 3200
2x 512 Crucial ddr 400
gigabyte 6600GT
Maxtor diamondax 9 160gb

in windows, i flashed my NEC ND-3500AG and my samsung H352A dvd drive
it prompted to restart so i did, it hung at logoff so i pushed the restart button. it then booted to the windows loading screen and froze. so i restarted again. this time in bios it just hung after showing the CPU details. it didnt show the ram or any ide drives. it does the same with no ide devices plugged in and powered. without the RAM nothing appeared on screen. the hard drive light is always on when attempting to boot. same thing happens when i reset the bios. i finally got it working a little when i resat my cpu and heatsink. it then allowed me to access bios, detected all drives and let me boot successfully to safemode. however, if i try a normal boot to windows, it will freeze on the screen with the moving bar. i tested again by removing all drives and booting and everything was fine. in safe mode, once the dvd drives were plugged in, it came up with the found new harware message. since then, i have had the same problem as before, where it only shows cpu information and nothing else. i have tried reseating everything to no avail.

does anyone know or can think of a reason and a fix for this?

did that before, it didnt work.

i have fixed it now. what i did was reset bios, go into safe mode. uninstall drives. restart and choose to recover known working settings. get into windows. plug in one drive at a time.

i found i had a trojan after i was back into windows, which i have removed. my system is working as speedy as it was before.

skalra63 said:
my rig is

Asus A8N-E
AMD athlon64 3200
2x 512 Crucial ddr 400
gigabyte 6600GT
Maxtor diamondax 9 160gb

in windows, i flashed my NEC ND-3500AG and my samsung H352A dvd drive
it prompted to restart so i did, it hung at logoff so i pushed the restart button. it then booted to the windows loading screen and froze. so i restarted again. this time in bios it just hung after showing the CPU details. it didnt show the ram or any ide drives. it does the same with no ide devices plugged in and powered. without the RAM nothing appeared on screen. the hard drive light is always on when attempting to boot. same thing happens when i reset the bios. i finally got it working a little when i resat my cpu and heatsink. it then allowed me to access bios, detected all drives and let me boot successfully to safemode. however, if i try a normal boot to windows, it will freeze on the screen with the moving bar. i tested again by removing all drives and booting and everything was fine. in safe mode, once the dvd drives were plugged in, it came up with the found new harware message. since then, i have had the same problem as before, where it only shows cpu information and nothing else. i have tried reseating everything to no avail.

does anyone know or can think of a reason and a fix for this?

Shutdown the PC unplug it and open the case and remove the power and ribbon connector from those two drives on your IDE channel. Try it again now and see if the system starts and you can get back into Windows? If yes then you might have damaged the NEC and SAMSUNG drives.. If no then try to start Windows in Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back