TechSpot

Computer won't open .exe files

By D@nny
Jan 6, 2007
  1. My PC doesn't open certain .exe files mostly ones I'v downloaded from the internet. Norton isn't uninstalling it stops at around 60 percent and for a while now my computer won't turn off or restart when I use the options through start.
    I just did a system restore and I scanned with avg and it found nothing just a jpeg exploit which I think it was removed but I or AVG weren't sure it was a virus. Here is my hijack this log
    Edit i changed it howard

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

See this thread HERE for uninstalling Norton problems.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a fresh renamed HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of D@nny only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

So what are my options? Why won't fraps open up? I'v moved it also

Okay here is the new log

4. howard_hopkinso

It appears you`ve forgot to attach the new logfile.

This thread is for the use of D@nny only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

5. D@nny

Oh okay HERE IT IS THIS TIME

6. howard_hopkinso

Still no HJT log.

7. D@nny

I replaced the first one

8. howard_hopkinso

This is getting us nowhere fast lol. The HJT log you replaced still hasn`t been renamed or placed in the proper directory.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a fresh HJT log into your next reply. Make sure you rename HJT as per the instructions.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.