Computer wont shut down properly

By marlsey
Aug 12, 2005
  1. Hi, i dont kno if this is the right place to enter this thread but sorry if it is in the wrong area.

My computer is suddenly not shutting down properly. I have Windows XP and when it says windows is no shutting down... It just stays at that screen and also when i go to Start->Turn off computer, it just stays loading and i cant do anything but me doing task manager. I have to shut down like that but it just stays at that Windows is shutting down page. This only happens after playing for more than 30mins. Please i need help, this is annoying me. Thank You for your help.
  2. Agent Ify

Agent Ify TS Rookie Posts: 25

Defrag your harddrive... do this whenever windows is going slow
  3. abatage

abatage TS Rookie Posts: 25

What are the specs of your pc?

Try using CCleaner (google it and download it) to get help clean up temporary files and clear out your registry - this can help to clear up your pc and give it more room to breathe.

Depending on how much RAM and HDD space you have, it might be a problem of just not having enough - does it happen with some games and not others? Or is it just after using your pc for about 30 mins?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.